Wednesday 16 January 2013

Website Inspiration/Theme

Retro 1950's

I have chosen the 1950's as a theme to base the design of my web journal as I particularly love the design of posters and animation of the era. I believe that the retro style and the use of contrasting bright colours and shapes are visually appealing. It creates a funky yet modern style that is both fun and informative. These elements both contrast and reflect on technology and web design. Retro also implies that we should look to the past to go to the future.





















Modern examples of Retro

















Retro Futuristic

More specifically I have decided to base my web manual on the 1950's design around space and futuristic design and illustrations. Animation such as 'The Jetsons' that use sharp images in contrast to round softer images and also atoms and other futuristic elements. 


















Jetsons









No comments:

Post a Comment